i was thinking to myself, hmm, it’d be really great if i could find one of those old-style memes from the early oughts that were a list of questions about yourself. everyone on Livejournal did them. OH! and maybe find one of those memes where you took the quiz and posted it on your LJ – like the actual CODE. none of this facebook sharing that happens these days. (really – we’ve gotten a lot dumber in our style of sharing life information.)
so i poked around on the internet like, aaahhh, where do i FIND these anymore, when i thought HEY, MY DUMB BLOG’S 13 YEARS OLD I SHOULD JUST LOOK IN MY ARCHIVES.
so here we go, a 2005 classic, with updated answers. i’ll boldify things that have stayed the same.
Two Names You Go By
2. catherine (very few people call me that. i can think of four. five when i get snooty with my brother.)
Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. german (ALTHOUGH i did the ancestry.com thing and it says that my german heritage is actually british isles. it makes me wonder about the conquering and pillaging that happened in that area.)
2. irish (6% according to ancestry)
Two Things That Scare You
1. a spider
2. another spider (can you blame a person for keeping these.)
Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. kitty pets
2. time for reading
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. wool argyle pink socks (seriously, i am wearing wool pink socks. not argyle, but i think they’re close enough, and that is WEIRD.)
2. yoga pants
Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists (at the moment)
2. old-school liz phair (doens’t even have to be old school.)
Two Things You Want in a Relationship (other than Real Love)
1. fellow cat lover
1. cat poo increases exponentially with the number of cats using the box
2. life happens
Two Physical Things that Appeal to You
Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. a cabin!
2. i guess no debt would be nice…
Two Places You want to go on Vacation
1. machu picchu
2. mesa verde (i kept this one because i’m going there in february!!!)
Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
2. travel more (maybe before my knees give out)
Two Ways that you are stereotypically a Chick/Guy
1. stereotypes are weird. i don’t feel “womanly” really. i’m just me.
2. i wear mascara pretty regularly i guess.
Two Things You Normally Wouldn’t Admit
1. i eat a lot more than i should. even with running. if i ate like a normal person, i’d probably weigh 30-40 lbs. less. that’s kind of annoying. but i like food!! and my willpower is crap.
2. i really get annoyed when people ask me if i have kids. because it means as soon as i give my answer (no), our conversation stalls because that’s the topic the other person wants to talk about. sorry, society in general. i’m going against your grain with this no kids thing. we can talk about things other than the small people who rule your lives.
Two Things You Are Thinking About Now
1. how i should run more and eat less.
2. the short week next week! i’m really excited for a short week and hosting thanksgiving. also, work has been unstressful as of late, which is REALLY nice. i’m NOT thinking about that all the time like i normally do.
Two Stores You Shop At
1. the grande depot (i window shop.)
Two people I would like to see take this quiz
1. myself in another 12 years
2. liz (!)
Two people I haven’t talked to in a while
1. define a while, and define talk. does a facebook convo count? is a while 2 months? 2 weeks? 2 days? SO MANY QUESTIONS.
2. melissa, but i should call her. she’s one of those friends who i can call after not speaking to for six months and pick up right where we left off! (and like i said before, it’s always so soothing talking to her.)