i was thinking to myself, hmm, it’d be really great if i could find one of those old-style memes from the early oughts that were a list of questions about yourself. everyone on Livejournal did them. OH! and maybe find one of those memes where you took the quiz and posted it on your LJ – like the actual CODE. none of this facebook sharing that happens these days. (really – we’ve gotten a lot dumber in our style of sharing life information.)
so i poked around on the internet like, aaahhh, where do i FIND these anymore, when i thought HEY, MY DUMB BLOG’S 13 YEARS OLD I SHOULD JUST LOOK IN MY ARCHIVES.
so here we go, a 2005 classic, with updated answers. i’ll boldify things that have stayed the same.
Two Names You Go By
2. catherine (very few people call me that. i can think of four. five when i get snooty with my brother.)
Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. german (ALTHOUGH i did the ancestry.com thing and it says that my german heritage is actually british isles. it makes me wonder about the conquering and pillaging that happened in that area.)
2. irish (6% according to ancestry)
Two Things That Scare You
1. a spider
2. another spider (can you blame a person for keeping these.)
Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. kitty pets
2. time for reading
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. wool argyle pink socks (seriously, i am wearing wool pink socks. not argyle, but i think they’re close enough, and that is WEIRD.)
2. yoga pants
Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists (at the moment)
2. old-school liz phair (doens’t even have to be old school.)
Two Things You Want in a Relationship (other than Real Love)
1. fellow cat lover
1. cat poo increases exponentially with the number of cats using the box
2. life happens
Two Physical Things that Appeal to You
Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. a cabin!
2. i guess no debt would be nice…
Two Places You want to go on Vacation
1. machu picchu
2. mesa verde (i kept this one because i’m going there in february!!!)
Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
2. travel more (maybe before my knees give out)
Two Ways that you are stereotypically a Chick/Guy
1. stereotypes are weird. i don’t feel “womanly” really. i’m just me.
2. i wear mascara pretty regularly i guess.
Two Things You Normally Wouldn’t Admit
1. i eat a lot more than i should. even with running. if i ate like a normal person, i’d probably weigh 30-40 lbs. less. that’s kind of annoying. but i like food!! and my willpower is crap.
2. i really get annoyed when people ask me if i have kids. because it means as soon as i give my answer (no), our conversation stalls because that’s the topic the other person wants to talk about. sorry, society in general. i’m going against your grain with this no kids thing. we can talk about things other than the small people who rule your lives.
Two Things You Are Thinking About Now
1. how i should run more and eat less.
2. the short week next week! i’m really excited for a short week and hosting thanksgiving. also, work has been unstressful as of late, which is REALLY nice. i’m NOT thinking about that all the time like i normally do.
Two Stores You Shop At
1. the grande depot (i window shop.)
Two people I would like to see take this quiz
1. myself in another 12 years
2. liz (!)
Two people I haven’t talked to in a while
1. define a while, and define talk. does a facebook convo count? is a while 2 months? 2 weeks? 2 days? SO MANY QUESTIONS.
2. melissa, but i should call her. she’s one of those friends who i can call after not speaking to for six months and pick up right where we left off! (and like i said before, it’s always so soothing talking to her.)
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
how it’s made, alton brown
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?
hmmm……..i can’t think of any
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
gin and tonic or a shot of patron
5. Where did he go to high school?
6. What size shoe does he wear?
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
outdated computer parts
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
a ham sammich
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
a ham sammich
10. What is his favourite cereal?
he doens’t eat much cereal, but if he’s faced with an ultimatum, he’ll eat pretty much anything
11. What would he never wear?
12. What is his favourite sports team?
doesn’t watch much sports, but he’ll root for the twins and the vikings
13. Who will he vote for?
14. Who is his best friend?
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
chew gum loudly
16. How many states has he lived in?
MN and ND
17. What is his heritage?
he’s a mutt of scandanavian and irish descent
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
carrott cake with cream cheese frosting
19. Did he play sports in high school?
hockey and football i believe
20. What could he spend hours doing?
play WoW 🙁
|Your Geek Profile:|
Academic Geekiness: High
Geekiness in Love: High
Music Geekiness: Moderate
SciFi Geekiness: Moderate
Fashion Geekiness: Low
Internet Geekiness: Low
Movie Geekiness: Low
Gamer Geekiness: None
General Geekiness: None
and i have no way to entertain myself with no money. here’s a money meme! oh joy! (stolen from chick off tonto’s friends page.)
1. What’s the most embarrassing thing/job you’ve had to do to earn money?
2. What’s the easiest and quickest way you have earned a buck?
3. If you could set your own salary, according to your skills and worth, how much would you earn?
4. Are you a good saver?
5. What’s the most expensive and useless thing you have ever bought?
1. i really don’t think anything i’ve done is really embarrassing, but the most “socially incorrect” way is what i’m currently doing – unemployment.
2. eating a green fry. megan offered me a dollar to eat a green fry at outback, and i did.
3. $45-50,000. i think that’s pretty fair for what i can do.
4. not at all!!
5. if i had paid full price for the undies i got from lane bryant, that would’ve been it. they were $16.50 retail. i paid $1.50.
Answer these questions with just one word. NO EXPLANATIONS !
1. Yourself: easy
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend: gaming
3. Your hair: much
4. Your Mother: constant
5. Your Father: stoic
6. Your Favorite Item: bed
7. Your dream last night: tornadoes
8. Your Favorite Drink: sexy
9. Your Dream Home: colorful
10. The Room You Are In: living
12. Your fear: ending
13. Where you Want to be in Ten Years? satisfied
14. Who you hung out with last night: nate
15. What You’re Not: outgoing
16. Your Best Friend: nate
17. One of Your Wish List Items: comfort
18. Your Gender: girl
19. The Last Thing You Did: dessert
20. What You Are Wearing: clothes
21. Your favorite weather: 75
22. Your Favorite Book: hero
23. The Last Thing you ate: fudge
24. Your Life: discombobulated
25. Your Mood: worried
26. The last person you talked to on the phone: angie
27. Who are you thinking about right now: liz
Your senior year in High School is supposed to be “the best year of your life.” Let’s see how much you remember. I know for some it might be hard for you to go back that far!
1. Who was/were your best friend(s)?
angie, andrea, sabrina
2. What sports did you play?
none. i was in band tho!!
3. What kind of car did you drive?
when i needed to drive, it was my family’s white safari van
4. It’s Friday night, where were you?
paynesville with angie, eating jimmy’s pizza then seeing a $3 movie.
5. Were you a party animal?
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”?
no, but i was one of those people who was friends with a bunch of people from a bunch of different crowds.
7. Ever skip school?
no, i was good. i did skip early-bird spanish as many times as i could without failing though. it was way too early.
8. Ever smoke?
9. Were you a nerd?
10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
11. Can you sing the alma mater?
no one knew the words to that thing. i could play it on my clarinete_______