a few mini reviews:
- the new shoes i just got are pretty awesome so far. i tried the past few runs without my dumb orthotic and lo – no pain! it’s got a mid-ish heel drop (8mm – not zero but not 13mm like asics), and it’s made for flat footed peeps like myself. i’ve only been on the treadmill so far, and it actually seems to help with the weird hip/knee pain i’d been having, too, after transitioning to indoors. i’ hoping to get out for a couple outdoor runs this week, and we’ll see how they do on the asphalt!
- my new phone didn’t come with headphones, which i use for phone calls mostly, so i went to amazon to get a pair of apple brand ‘phones. in the past i’ve had pretty good luck with amazon warehouse items – returned items that have been repackaged or just no packaging for a lot cheaper. so i bought a pair thru that. and they are NOT apple. when i plugged them in, they wanted to connect via bluetooth, which was the opposite of what i wanted with these. so, i returned them and tomorrow i’m heading to target to an actual pair of apple headphones. thanks amazon.
- blind-baking pie crusts for pumpkin pie soooooo makes sense, but the last couple time i tried blind baking a pie, it shrunk up. so, after watching some videos and looking a an expert baker’s instagram today, i think i’m ready to try another blind baked crust tomorrow when i make some pies. is this a mini review? maybe it will turn into one tomorrow when i try it out.
- MAYBE tomorrow i will debut “drunk baking with kate” on my youtube channel. wouldn’t that be interesting.
- and here’s a final review on super long weekend. i love thanksgiving weekend because you get all the hard stuff front loaded and then the rest of the weekend is for relaxing. i took wednesday off, so i have a nice, long, 5-day-drinking weekend HAHA.
now i’m off to do some yoga. i’m not sure if i should take a short break from fightmaster yoga or if doing yoga with her while i’m still sad about her death would be good. i’ll try tonight and see how it goes. what a loss to the world.