i went to go check out the antique depot thing on the intersection of 23 and I-94 today for a second time. parking was crazy, so i ended up pulling up on the side of a gravel road alongside the building. i was in the store for about half an hour or so, went out, and a black audi had parked in the MIDDLE of the gravel road. who does that? oh yeah, arrogant audi owners.
anyway, i went in the store, which has no paging system, and the employees on the floor had to walk around and ask if anyone owned a black audi. i went out by my car and waited. for 20 minutes. i went back in and asked someone if they had found the owner, and she seemed surprised that no one had found anyone yet, so she went back to asking.
so i went back out to my car again. 10 minutes later, the owners of a pick-up hauling a trailer came out, and since they were parked beside me, once they pulled out, i could get out. he was close to hitting the audi when he was backing out, and part of me hoped he would leave a lovely mark on the side of the audi. oh well. he knew what he was doing.
so, here’s my advice when parking in a madhouse: don’t be a dick. i waited a HALF AN HOUR before i got out of the parking lot.
relatively speaking, i’m not that old. i don’t feel old particulary. when i see my grey hairs, i’m kinda proud of them and think they add some depth to my hair. i don’t necessarily feel the effects of having passed my physical prime (yet).
but my hands. they get me every time i look at them. they are not as smooth and lovely as they used to be. they are 30-year-old hands and they are in front of me ALL THE TIME. i can’t not look at how my skin wrinkles over my knuckles and creases along my fingers, then puckers up when i straighten out my fingers. i can’t not notice the uneven skin tones along my knuckles. it’s really disconcerting.
and because i haven’t done one of these in a looooong time, here’s a quiz!
What Your Home Says About You
You come across as very intellectual. People take your wisdom seriously.
Your hygiene is passable, but you may be hiding some dirty secrets.
You are a very domestic person. You enjoy decorating, cooking, and making things homey.
You are not a nurturing person by nature, but you can easily take care of someone you truly love.
You feel settled in your life. You have enough time to focus on little details.
You are a somewhat self sufficient person. You can do fine on your own if you have to.
Your friends see you as courageous, dynamic, and bright.
is all i can say. after years of putting up with my clicky blinker, i went last weekend and got it fixed. the clicking didn’t annoy me so much, but it annoyed everyone who drove with me, and really annoyed nate. and when it started dinging, then i got annoyed also. i thought it was under a recall, but after two trips and $25 to a chevy dealer and a conversation with GM customer care, it was determined that even though my blinker is faulty and the blinkers will come on unexpectedly and the turn signal switch will eventually die, it was not the part under recall. needless to say, GM has a real racket going on.
so i went to tires plus and had them fix my blinker, and while i was there i had new struts put on the front, since for the past year or so they’ve been telling me i need new struts. my car did need them. the struts squeaked and creaked every time i went over a bump. four hours and $700 later, my car is….silent. ah, silent bliss. i didn’t realize how bad my struts were, and i kind of regret not doing the rear ones as well!
1. got a chair rail and paint today and made the dining room pretty! slowly but surely this house is coming together.
2. i can’t believe it’s november already. that means that cold and icky have arrived. i hate being cold! i wish it would be 75 and partly cloudy all year except for december, when it can be 25 degrees and snow for christmas. then go back to 75 once january comes around.
3. i got my holiday schedule for work (meaning days production will be closed, but we don’t get holiday pay for them): day after thanksgiving, xmas eve close at noon, day after xmas off, new year eve close at 5 p.m., then work day after new years (??? it’s a friday for god’s sake!! close down the place!!). anyway, that is what’s up for any scheduling purposes with anyone who wants to do something around christmas (like MOA or maybe go visit colettie).
4. i am looking forward to hosting thanksgiving, but someone needs to come help me the night before!!!!
5. racism is alive and well in central minnesota: nate’s coworkers keep complaining they can’t believe "that n-word" is president. nate comes home at lunch and yells, "all aboard the hate train!!!" and to boot, someone commented on one of my facebook friend’s walls that s. africa had a black president and the country went to pot. apparently that means ours will too. sometimes i wonder about the human race. well, the white race in particular.
i don’t care who you vote for. write in mickey mouse for all i care. it is your civic duty. do it now.
i said doodie
i don’t care if you’re republican or democrat, you need to check out dean barkley for the MN senate race. just go to his website and read up on his issues.
he’s running under the independent party, but he’s more of a libertarian than anything, which in my mind, brings together the best of both major parties: being fiscally responsible, while also being socially responsible and preserving personal rights. here’s some highlights of the issues:
• pro gun ownership
• rethinking the drinking age
• putting a spending freeze on the government
• expanding alternative energy
• letting iraq take charge of its own country and focusing on finding osama bin laden (who? haha)
don’t just vote down the party line; be an independent, informed voter. i have been known to vote for republicans and independents as well as democrats. if i can do it, so can you.