ok, so the reason i got health insurance through work was so i could have my yearly exams covered. i have an appt. for that on feb. 8, and my health insurance coverage ends on the 1st. STUPID is all i have to say.
oh, and i haven’t heard yet on the fargo job.
guess who’s unemployed?
yep, that’d be me.
i was let go. apparently my job didn’t fit the budget.
i’m not sure if i should be ecstatic, outraged or sad.
i am one of two finalists. i find out on tuesday!
they’d better choose me!!
the above is a story about how a pharmacist got fired for not dispensing BC.
see, i still don’t get it. how on earth could one consciously go into a profession that you know well beforehand is going to ask you to do something that you are morally or religiously against?
theresa just came in the room and asked me if i had the civic center locked in for the trade show…
no….because you said you didn’t want it there and had to check with rob before okaying everything.
now she wants it on friday-saturday. it’s been thursday-friday for the past 4 years that i know of. she’s going to check with lee, and lee and i have talked about this before and there’s no way it will be on saturday. what a dumb snarky woman.
i really really relaly really really really need this fargo job so i can get out of here. asap!!! ugh.
everyone has to give me good vibes tomorrow and friday for this job. i need the good vibes. i need this job. i want to quit my job.
mom has convinced me to at least wait until i hear about this job before quitting my current one. which means if i find out on friday, i can quit on monday. so i neeeeeed the vibes.
if i quit without a job, we have enough money to live for a couple months, but i’d rather spend the money on a new computer.
1. name: kate
2. birthday: may 30
3. place of residence: st cloud, soon to be somewhere else.
4. what makes you happy: my cat. sleeping. weekends. nate. friends. family.
5. what are you listening to now/have listened to last: on my ipod playlists: kelly C, alanis, liz phair, some rock, everclear, etc etc.
6. do you read my lj: yes!
7. if you do, what is particularly good/bad about it: the honesty! i also like the pics.
8. an interesting fact about you: i like green beans
9. are you in love/have a crush at the moment: um, yes. i’m married.
10. favourite place to be: in bed, cuddling w/nate
11. favourite lyric: all i want is just a slow f*ck in the afternoon
12. best time of the year: autumn. mmmm. i love it.
13. weirdest food you like: smoked oysters
14. do farts make you laugh: not really
1. a film: chasing amy or moulin rouge
2. a book: good in bed by jennifer weiner
3. a band, a song and an album: everclear, kelly C’s breakaway, and american idiot by green day
1. one thing you like about me: your bluntness in your entries!
2. two things you like about yourself: my hair and my easy-goingness
3. put this in your lj so i can tell you what i think of you.
4. POST A PICTURE OF you
Instructions: Complete the list and then tag two people you’d like to see complete the list as well. Have fun!!
5 Reasons Why I’m Weird
1. i have an unnatural obsession with the TV shows hercules and xena. i don’t own any tshirts or posters plastering my walls, but i own all the seasons on DVD and i do watch them occasionally and i have the N64 xena game AND i’ve been to a con and met ted raimi.
2.i can’t drive a car without putting on my seatbelt, but if i’m the passenger, i feel restricted by a seatbelt.
3.i could actually debate why jean-luc picard is a better captain than james t. kirk.
4.i am very anal about how my cd’s, movies and books are organized. if someone came in and moved stuff around, i would have to move them back asap.
5.i am a grammar nazi, and i cringe when bad grammar is used, but most of the time i hold my tongue.
(this used to be 12 reasons, but the rest got truncated, so you only get five!
ok, i know you are all sick and tired of me complaining about work. i mean, you all have jobs, you like them or deal with them just fine, why can’t i?
because of crap like this:
got a new phone number sheet today, with the phone #s, cell #s and AS400 contact codes on them of everyone in the company. there’d been a lot of additions to the list, so it was time. and my name isnt’ on it. i don’t know if it’s deliberate or accidental.
then, one of the drivers came to my office today to RSVP for the xmas party, and he introduced himself and asked “so, what’s your purpose here.” i’ve been working here for 2 years. good lord. i wanted to smack him, but he’s a scary-looking guy, so i refrained.
i have ten resumes out and an application at walmart and shopko. i need something soon or else i’m going to quit and become a crack-whore welfare recipient.
and i’d like an opinion. please be critical and everything. i WANT the criticism. go to my photos page and let me know if there’s any remote possibility i have some talent and could do that for a living. i need to expand my job search, and if i could be a part-time photographer, that’d be fine.