it’s that time of year again! time to review how i did in my last year’s resolutions. i know you’re all waiting with bated breath.
1. the oldie but goodie: take more pictures!!!
2. write in my blog EVERY DAY. this is the 10-year anniversary of me starting to blog, and as such i am going to attempt to be a daily blogger.
3. put in a garden in my back yard. put gutters on the house. those are my two house goals.
4. attempt another chip-timed 10k – one that’s not so crappy.
5. go somewhere. travel to somewhere. hop in my car and drive to somewhere. get out of my bubble. explore more. (maybe take on a second job so i can afford the gas…)
6. finish my devils syrup book. i can do it!
7. promote my photog stuff more. i’ll need to prep the basement as a sort of studio, but i’d like to do more official photography fir people.
1. i ACTUALLY DID THIS. every year i complain how i didn’t take enough pictures, but THIS year, i actually went out and took photos of things i’d been wanting to do for a while and just…haven’t. i went to lanesboro at dawn and took pics, took some nighttime pics. i have to continue to do this!
2. i DID THIS TOO. ok, not EVERY day. i think i missed three days out of the whole year, but i consider that pretty darn good. 362/365 is not a failure by any means!
3. I DID THIS!!! garden was put in and gutters put on!
4. I DID THIS! ok, it wasn’t chip-timed, but it WAS timed. i finished in an hour and 15 minutes. i start to hate life after five miles.
5. i did not do this. i did go to grand rapids and st cloud during the year thought. next spring nate and i are going somewhere for vacay. i think if nate hadn’t quit his job in march, it’s possible that this might have happened, but this year was not my year for that.
6. this is so close. i mean, it’s done – the end had been written. but it needs some editing and additions. it’s not very long.
7. caitlin has used me for a couple photog sessions, but i haven’t been promoting myself enough. boo on me.
between my blogging almost every day and the photo stuff i did, i consider this past year a success in my resolutions.
how did 2014 treat me otherwise?
hmmm….2014 was ok
– nate quit walmart in march. he’d had enough.
– garden went in, but unfortunately the harvest was really horrible. turns out the black walnut trees above it were poison to most vegetables. gotta move them this spring. boooooo.
– went to st. cloud over veterans’ day and it was GLORIOUS. i miss that area 🙁
– no derry reunion this year, which really bummed me out.
– but two weddings on that side, my cousin molly and cousin jason got married. traveled to the cities for the first in august and then up to grand rapids for the second in september. both were fun. love weddings!
– i finally went to the doctor for my heel issues, and i found out i have a level 3 heel spur (that’s the highest it goes). i got custom orthotics for my shoes, and apparently they’re supposed to be working. we’ll see.
– i started doing yoga somewhat regularly. i had to stop running for a couple weeks, so i picked up yoga. in the past, i’d gotten bored with it because i did the same practice each time. this time, i’m watching lesley fightmaster’s yoga channel on youtube, so it’s different each time i do it. i don’t notice that it’s doing anything for me, but that’s ok.
– i spectated/cheered at a 5k, which was AWESOME. highly recommend!
– i FINALLY finished the dark tower series. after the second book, it just seemed to fly by.
– got my semicolon tattoo! also spruced up my book tattoo on my foot