i bought oatmeal from trader joe’s, a huge mistake because it’s so expensive. i can get cheaper oatmeal at the food co-op. BUT, there was a recipe for gluten-free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies on the back. and since i’ve been trying to limit (note: not eliminate) my carb intake, i thought this would be a good experiment.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
- 6 oz Trader Joe’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats
i made a couple changes. i didn’t use white sugar, increased brown to 1 cup, and didn’t put in the nuts. they turned out more than fine! yummy, even! i was worried they would fall apart due to no real binder, but the eggs and oatmeal did well in keeping it all together.