i was going to write you a springtime haiku to go along with a photo i took today, but wordpress isn’t letting me upload the photo.
instead, i’ll tell you about my brilliantly productive memorial day weekend so far.
- pulled all the minitrees and weeds out of my flower bed. this took 3-4 hours.
- sprayed the weeds around my house.
- cleaned up around the edging near my entry way.
- cut down the dying shrubbery trees out of my flower bed
- supervised as nate yanked the stumps out with the truck
- clapped in delight when it worked
- spread 20 bags of mulch in the flowerbed
- took brush, trees, and stumps to the avon compost site
- went to walmart and bought 2 hydrangeas to replace the gross (now dead) shrubs
- planted them
- admired my work. i was out there from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. with a lunch and supper break!
- watched john wick
- went for a 3 mile run at 10 a.m. (i know; surprisingly early!)
- picked up a geranium on the way to pick up mom from st. johns
- met rae at the cemetery and visited grandma and grandpa
- went to red lobster for lunch
- went to target with mom
- dropped off mom at st. john’s
- took a nap
- mowed the lawn
- went SUPping
- stalked a loon
- went for a 2nd 3-mile run (training for ragnar sunset)
- drank a margarita while i tried to get a fire going. it didn’t go.
- now it’s too late to watch john wick II. maybe tomorrow
tomorrow i clean the house (it’s supposed to rain) and make some millionaire shortbread.
well, whaddya know! my image uploaded. took this on my run this evening.
light reflected back
no crops yet; but frogs and birds
ruts hold the story