HOO BOY only two more days til i leave for ragnar!
is it concerning when the thing i’m concerned the least about is the running? haha!
things i’m having weird anxiety about:
- injury (with good reason)
- dressing for my long run (39º predicted during it)
- thunderstorms thursday night
i find it odd that two of these are weather related. after last year’s weather, anything is welcome, let me tell you. i’ll take thunderstorms and cold over 99º heat indices.
anyway, now that i’ve got my anxieties out of the way, i went shopping today and picked up batteries, a book, some food (cheese, yogurt, coffee creamer, etc.). tomorrow i’ve got to pack! i’m also thinking about making some apple crisp.
things i’m looking forward to:
- setting up my hammock and lying in it with my new sleeping bag, reading a book
- volunteering on the course and cheering people on
- redeeming myself on my 4.5-miler
- leaving afterward and finding a place to get hot food
- a shower when i get home
- GETTING THROUGH INJURY FREE
i went on my last pre-ragnar run tonight, just two miles but at a sub-12 pace. time to treat my feet nice for the next couple days.
NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR, FOOT.